window size vs screen size

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • I guys...

ive read the supporting different display sizes tutorial and have a few questions about screen sizes and how that relates to window size and also scaling layers

if I wanted to make a game only for latest ipad for example, id set the window size to 2048x1536 right? what I want to do is only show about half of the layout in the window. so the layout would be about 2x the size of the ipad screan size...

but I also want to zoom out and zoom in by changing the layer scale. when zoomed in, I want the graphics to use the full 264 dpi resolution of the retina display....don't want to zoom in and loose resolution...

so I need to design all the graphics to the zoomed in display size correct? so how do I set that up when 1. creating the original graphic, and then 2, putting that graphic into a sprite in the layout so that when the layer is scaled x 2, it still retains full res on the screen.

for example...I want my graphics in the layout to hold 2 times the resolution that would be needed for the size of the sprint in the layout...becacuse when I scale the later to 2x, I would want the graphics to not get pixelated....

is this the best way to do that? does this even make sense?

thanks

Dan

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)