wich audio codec for ios mp4 videos?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Hello,

I'm trying to play videos on ios but it seem that only converted videos to mp4 with no sound (no codec) are working.

I would like to ask wich codec we can use to make it playful in ios (opus, vorbis, aac or what) ?

Thanks

All

Ashley

• i think ios should play wav/mp3/mp4/aac/aa/aa3/aax

check this compatibility website

it might of changed, but i think last thing in C2 was WAV.

• IIRC, Safari will only play videos with AAC audio. (Audio files in this format use the extension .m4a)

These details change over time though, so making some test video files with different codecs and attempting playback in Safari will give you up-to-date results.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IIRC, Safari will only play videos with AAC audio. (Audio files in this format use the extension .m4a)

These details change over time though, so making some test video files with different codecs and attempting playback in Safari will give you up-to-date results.

Play video still not working, i'done

- .mp4 with AAC codec (audio play but not video > black screen).

- .mp4 with Vorbis code (video plays but with no audio).

Tryed on iO11, 12, 13 & 14.

• here is what i found on iphone 11 now others might vary i think but overal the bottom part where says

"Audio playback" & "Video Playback" is what you need to use. seems for audio/video you could go with H.264 which is .avi format, i think. but for most surely if you got the apple format what is it

iphone 11 specs

if that doesn't work, it might be a compiler issue, have you checked if you get any errors on export?

i remember in C2 there was this "media plugin" or "video plugin" that we used to play movies/videos inside C2 and even playback some Mp3 since C2 didn't allow .mp3 format. but in order to play those files we would've used the h.264 codec inside the plugin, which was selected from a dropdown thingie on the plugins settings. Not sure now if C3 changed to much on this aspect, probably ...

im still at "placeholder" mechanics in my game, il probably hit the same snag when i go to "audio" section.

also for me on google seems that for audio codec this comes 1st result

Edited: oh wait... this is in Construct2 area... you have to playback your audio/video files using that media plugin and select H.264 format and fil in the url for file in there, there is no default way for IOS as far as i remember in C2.

• - .mp4 with AAC codec (audio play but not video > black screen).

What video codec do you use? It should be "MPEG-4 AVC"

• > - .mp4 with AAC codec (audio play but not video > black screen).

What video codec do you use? It should be "MPEG-4 AVC"

ashley say "H.264" and not "MPEG-4 AVC".

• ashley say "H.264" and not "MPEG-4 AVC".

H.264 and MPEG-4 AVC is the same. If you use that for video and AAC for Audio it should work.

• So I looked in to this and double checked and it turns out there's a bug in Safari affecting the latest releases that seems to sometimes break video playback in the editor preview. It should still work after export, but the bug affecting preview could have confused your local testing when trying to find a format that works. It should be working better in r233. With that release I can definitely play a video in Safari on both macOS and iOS which MPC-HC reports as having the following format:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 640x360 24fps 612kbps [V: Apple Video Media Handler [eng] (h264 constrained baseline L3.0, yuv420p, 640x360, 612 kb/s)]

Audio: AAC 22050Hz stereo 65kbps [A: Apple Sound Media Handler [eng] (aac lc, 22050 Hz, stereo, 65 kb/s)]

So yes, Safari does support MPEG-4 h.264 video with AAC audio.

• So I looked in to this and double checked and it turns out there's a bug in Safari affecting the latest releases that seems to sometimes break video playback in the editor preview. It should still work after export, but the bug affecting preview could have confused your local testing when trying to find a format that works. It should be working better in r233. With that release I can definitely play a video in Safari on both macOS and iOS which MPC-HC reports as having the following format:

> Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 640x360 24fps 612kbps [V: Apple Video Media Handler [eng] (h264 constrained baseline L3.0, yuv420p, 640x360, 612 kb/s)]

> Audio: AAC 22050Hz stereo 65kbps [A: Apple Sound Media Handler [eng] (aac lc, 22050 Hz, stereo, 65 kb/s)]

So yes, Safari does support MPEG-4 h.264 video with AAC audio.

Thanks but i'm using c2.

Also that happen on real device ios 10 11 12 13 and 14 (sound not working with mp4 h264).

• Oh, I missed that. Well, H.264 and AAC should work in C2, it always did the years I checked previous.

• Oh, I missed that. Well, H.264 and AAC should work in C2, it always did the years I checked previous.

not now ... at least on the latest c2 stable version.

maybe something is breacked on c2 thru the updates.

anyway i did separate audio and video and play them at the same time ... it looks like normal ... i'm playing audio and video in the same time (2 actions)

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)