Why doesn't my 8 Direction Movement work?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • I want a enemy to begin with moving diagonially downwards but after 3 seconds move diagoninally upwards. To do that you make the event simulate control up and simulate control left and thus the enemy moves diagonially downwards. Then you make a timer that last 3 seconds. Then you make a second 8 direction behavior. After 3 seconds have passed you make the first 8 direction disabled and make 8 direction2 simulate control up and simulate control left. If this worked rigth the enemy should begin by moving diagonially up and then move diagonially up. But instead it just moves diagonally down even after 3 seconds has passed. Why doesn't the timer work in this situation? If this isn't clear enough i will share my event sheet.

• your problem is: After 3 seconds have passed you make the first 8 direction disabled if its disables, THEN you have to re-enable it before you do: make 8 direction2 simulate control up and simulate control left

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is no need to add a second 8direction..

Why not just set the first one to simulate pressing up and left.. (or right if that's what you want)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)