Why do C2 fonts always mess up on different systems?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This Girls Game allows young fashionistas to develop their taste and skills as a fashion designer.
  • I actually figured this out for my last game, but that was eight months ago and now I have completely forgot.

How come, when I play my game on Windows the font is placed one way, then when I play it on Mac, the font is placed in a slightly different location, in this case it is slightly higher. I'm using a custom font, but it is installed on both machines so I can't see that being the problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any help is appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fonts mess on different systems, because different browsers and operating systems do things differently. This is a web wide issue. At least that's what I gather from an Internet search.

You could create a bug report for it. Maybe it can be corrected?

• If you are talking about webfonts, that is due to the fact that each browser has a different rendering system and handling of fonts.

Only way to fix it would be for browser vendors to standardize the way they render fonts. We're not there yet.

• A few of the fonts will look the same on any browser and system and Bookman old style is one of them. I use that for texts holding numbers so they stay put.

• Will using a spritefont fix the issue?

I think that's what I did on my last game to fix it, but don't want to waste time making one if that's not the problem.

Thanks

• Will using a spritefont fix the issue?

I think that's what I did on my last game to fix it, but don't want to waste time making one if that's not the problem.

Thanks

Spritefonts are a sprite s they are consistent across all platforms.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)