Wheel of fortune:)

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
An interesting game in the style of gambling. The game is easy to redesign.
  • I mean wheel rotate and when stops on one of 8 fields > do something

How do i that thing?

• 360/8=45 so pick a random number 1-8 multiply it by 45.

If we get anglelerp you could just do:

sprite set angle to anglelerp(self.angle,random*45,something*dt)

• i try figure it out

• Randomly generating an angle is okay if all you want is the answer, but if you want to show the wheel rotating, you could take an approach like this one. I randomly generate an angle (number of degrees, then rotate the wheel that number of degrees and check to see what wedge on the wheel the needle overlaps.

I'm sure it could be made much better with lerps and things. It isn't 100% accurate, but it may help you.

WheelOfMisfortune.capx

• wow you helped me a lot Thanks! :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I used Kittiewan's graphics and build a version that uses physics to add realism...

CAPX

• its cool too :)

• Hey all,

I'm trying to make a spinwheel game like Wheel of Fortune, where the wheel is with several gifts around the edges.When I shake the phone wheel start spinning and then after few seconds I want to slow the rotation. And at the end I would like to identify the gift, which points to the arrow. So far I'm good detecting phone shake. I tried to spin the wheel but so far no luck.

Capx:

windsorsolutions.co/games/wheel.capx

Can you please share the WheelOfMisfortune.capx if you can. kittiewan and Weishaupt

I am really not good with physics and have tried this is several ways. Maybe there is a better/easier way to do it without physics, but right now I'm coming up with blanks. Any ideas would be appreciated!

• Hey all,

I'm trying to make a spinwheel game like Wheel of Fortune, where the wheel is with several gifts around the edges.When I shake the phone wheel start spinning and then after few seconds I want to slow the rotation. And at the end I would like to identify the gift, which points to the arrow. So far I'm good detecting phone shake. I tried to spin the wheel but so far no luck.

Capx:

https://windsorsolutions.co/games/wheel.capx

Can you please share the WheelOfMisfortune.capx if you can. kittiewan and Weishaupt

I am really not good with physics and have tried this is several ways. Maybe there is a better/easier way to do it without physics, but right now I'm coming up with blanks. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Please check the user profile before tagging them. It's been over 3 years since the 2 users you have tagged have been on this forum.

Rather than bumping threads that are years old, why not create your own thread in the 'How Do I' section.

• re up the capx please :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)