what's better: in-game purchase or new application ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Quickly and easily add a Quake-like console to your games
  • I'm doing my first game with construct2 and I plan to have a free but limited version and full version to be sold for 1$ let's say.

I see two options of doing that:

a) offer a single version in google play, and inlcude the option of in-game purchase the additional features inside the game (with real money)

b) offer 2 versions in google play, the free and the $1 one.

Option b is the easier I guess, and after reading many posts and tutorials, I do not have it clear how to transact with real money inside a game.

What are your opinions ? can anyone give me some direction on how to make in-game purchase with real money ?

• Offer 2 different versions, it will release lite and paid version both and provide paid app link in lite version!

• yep, I suppose it's the simple way from a programming perspective, but conversion rate into purchases I guess will be lower. But the trade off is that I should use IAP module, pay the google dev. fee as well and export with CooconJS instead of Crosswalk, so not quite sure what way to go.

• That's not, what it was in my mind, i was suggesting in marketing perspective. It will help and if you are into promotion, concentrate on paid version they'll know about lite ver simultaneously.

• Version 2 does seem like the wiser choice.

I have recently launched my app with Google Play, so as for option "a" I would definitely like to see someone write a tutorial on how that would be done. The only one I have come across deal with digital currency as apposed to real money.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Go with B. Offer 2 versions in google play, the free and the $1 one. You can always put some Ads into a free version.

IAP are total bullshit (personal opinion )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)