What-side-is-it-on detection

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Detects any kind of ad blocker. Very easy implementation into already existing projects
  • I can't figure out how to make a crate that my character can shove around. I got the part down where it falls and lands on the floor, but it doesn't work right. How do I make something that a player can kick around without it going through walls? Apparently at the moment it's a phantom ball.

What I did was give it a Physics behavior and a Platformer (controls-none) behavior, but there's probably a better way to do it. My next step would have been to make it kickable. I figured out how to make it jump when someone touches it, but I can't figure out how to make it know which way to go. What I'm missing is some kind of where-did-that-kick-come-from detection. Anyone know how to do this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • for the "Phantom Ball" problem, you want to give it AND the wall's a solid behavior and make sure they are enabled in the item properties.

for the "Which side is it on" you could do a compare X to player.x

If Box.X > player.X   you know the box is to the right of the player. Vice versa for Box.X < Player.X

• That works, thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)