WebGL Renderer not working in Node-Webkit?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I have a strange issue with my laptop. I'm using this basic physics project for my example test: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30381754/Physics%20Test.capx

My desktop PC is a Windows 7 64-bit machine with Intel Core i5 2500K CPU and AMD HD Radeon 7800 Graphics card. The physics example (and a game I'm currently working on) runs fine with no performance drops and in Node-Webkit/Chrome/Firefox uses the WebGL Renderer.

My laptop is a Windows 8.1 64-bit machine with Intel Core i5-4200U CPU and integrated graphics. The physics example has a slightly choppy framerate and while it uses the WebGL Renderer in Chrome and Firefox, it uses the Canvas2D renderer in Node-Webkit.

I've tried updating the graphics driver and OpenGL appears to work fine for other applications, could this be an issue with the Node-Webkit libraries?

• i have the exact same problem!

i use windows 8.1 with a amd 7870 gpu and my game is 60fps constantly in chrome.

for the first time ever i used node webkit to see how it works and i have 8!!! fps.

i just read that when exporting it has even better performance.

i downloaded the OP demo capx and from 60fps in chrome i see 24 fps in node webkit.

any idea what is happening?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've fixed it, according to the github repo for Node-Webkit, there is a certain compatibility issues with WebGL and Node-Webkit. Basically has to do with DirectX 9, those files are dependent for some reason.

I installed DX9 on my Windows 8.1 machine and now the game runs full speed!

• so we need to go back in time again and install ancient history! :p

thank you for your info!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)