Wall Jump on certain types of walls?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Hello everyone!

Now I know how to do Wall Jumps, but can't find a solution how to wall jump on certain types of walls.

For example, if I have two walls, one made out of rock, and one made out of metal. I want to be able to wall jump only on the rock wall.

Anyone knows the solution?

Tnx in advance.

• Hello everyone!

Now I know how to do Wall Jumps, but can't find a solution how to wall jump on certain types of walls.

For example, if I have two walls, one made out of rock, and one made out of metal. I want to be able to wall jump only on the rock wall.

Anyone knows the solution?

Tnx in advance.

hi, need to know how did wall jump mechanic exactly, can you append a sample .capx?

• Hey..

I made that when a Player collides with walls to the left or right, his Platform X and Y vectors are turned to 0 ( which makes him slide down slowly ), and when hit jump, his vectors are just returned to normal..

But now I need some sort of collision to make him do that on certain types of walls, and not any wall..

• Maybe give the wall types instance variable called 'walltype' and amend conditions accordingly, i.e. add another Event Condition (or sub-event) that checks for the wall type.

• Hey..

I made that when a Player collides with walls to the left or right, his Platform X and Y vectors are turned to 0 ( which makes him slide down slowly ), and when hit jump, his vectors are just returned to normal..

But now I need some sort of collision to make him do that on certain types of walls, and not any wall..

just made another sprite wall with solid behavior that don't do anithing in events conditions when you collide with them.

• JMTook, How did you make your walls? Are they sprites or a tilemap?

Do you have different objects for metal and rock walls, or are they instances of the same object?

It would be much easier if you share the capx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tnx, but I don't think some people here understood the question.

What interests me is how to make two different solid wall types, so that one can be jumped off, and one cannot?

I would like to know how to make two solid walls seperated, so that only one can be used for wall jumping, and other one is just blocking the path.

That's why there is no need for capx or something else..

I just made two walls, and when player collides with one, he gets mirrored and his X/Y vectors are set to 0, making him slide down. And when pressing jump, his vectors are set back, and he jumps off, it's that simple.

Now that's for one wall, but I don't want that on another one. I want another wall to just block the path, or something else, and that it cannot be used for wall jump, but it's still a solid object that player is able to walk on to.

So if anyone knows the way to do it...

I'll try with instance variables for now.. Tnx.

• I understand you question, but you didn't provide any answers to my previous comment.

Your walls - are they sprite object or tilemap object?

If the wall is sprite, you can create another frame for metal wall and an instance variable "wallType".

For rock walls set animationFrame=0 and wallType=rock

For metal walls set animationFrame=1 and wallType=metal

When player collides with the wall, add another sub-event to compare wallType. If wallType="rock", then enable wall jump. If wallType="metal", don't enable wall jump.

With tilemap it can be a little trickier.

• I got it.

I just made another 2 wall sprites that are not solid objects and added collisions on them.

So wall jumps are possible on solid objects (if platform has wall to left/right), while, if player collides with wall sprite that is not a solid object, it just changes his X direction and mirrors him.

Tnx for help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)