How do I wait in delta time?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind
  • I made my game pause using time scale 0 and I need to do wait event when the time scale 0. Can I use delta time to wait when the time scale 0 ? And if can, how to do it?

This is the event when time scale 0. Basically a button animation. The top event is worked but the subevent is not worked. If I can use delta time when the time scale 0, I don't need to use the sub event (probably). resumeA=static image, resumeB=the animation

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • event 56 is a trigger and shouldn't be a sub-event. when the animation finishes the other conditions aren't true so it doesn't get to the sub-event.

move event 56 out to the top level and it should work the way you want.

since you are playing the default animation, that animation will start playing at the start of the layout (which may be why you moved it to be a sub-event). So, to stop the trigger from happening when you don't want it to, you can stop the animation at the "On start of layout"

or add another condition to the trigger where you compare two values:

system - Compare TimeScale = 0

or use your Pause_Button variable as another condition to the animation finished trigger:

system - pause_button = 1

• event 56 is a trigger and shouldn't be a sub-event. when the animation finishes the other conditions aren't true so it doesn't get to the sub-event.

move event 56 out to the top level and it should work the way you want.

since you are playing the default animation, that animation will start playing at the start of the layout (which may be why you moved it to be a sub-event). So, to stop the trigger from happening when you don't want it to, you can stop the animation at the "On start of layout"

or add another condition to the trigger where you compare two values:

system - Compare TimeScale = 0

or use your Pause_Button variable as another condition to the animation finished trigger:

system - pause_button = 1

Thank you, It works when I stopped the animation at the first layout and moveout event 56 from subevent

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)