Videos played by a variable (I think?)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Here's what I would like to do:

Have an array and based on each iteration of that array play a different video. My question is what variable (or how) do I load the variable into the video plug-in (in the Properties window) to get the specific video to play?

I've been loading all sorts of variables into the WebM source, but none of them will load the video file from the array.

Any help or alternative solutions would be very helpful.

• My question is what variable (or how) do I load the variable into the video plug-in (in the Properties window) to get the specific video to play?

videoSource.capx

• the source has to have brackets. when you set the source your array value when inputted in the video source should have always " " " or " ' " at beginning and end of it ... so the value of source should be called into the source of the video object something similar to this : " " " &array.value &" " " correct me if im wrong anyone! also it might be that korbaach already answered u with the right capx, did not check it before i posted my thought on this.

also the array has to have the value of the link ending with the right extension format(ie. -http://nnn.nnnnn.n/filetoplay.ogg), unless your using the h.264 which can also take youtube links and doesn't need any .ogg,.mp4 extension at end of it.

also on a side note, in order for a local video file to work, you have to have their names in lowercase letters, i found that Big letters such as (A,B,C,D,E etc ) in file names, causes most of platforms but the preview on localhost to not play the video or sound.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To both of you (korbaach and gamecorpstudio) - my gratitude can't be overexagerrated, been working this issue for...I swear 8 hours.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)