Vehicle customisation?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Isometric Vehicle Pack 01. 4 Isometric Vehicles in 2 different colors.
  • In my game I want there to be certain creatures that are dedicated to being vehicles to cross the vast terrarian, kinda like a fast travel system, but I want them to be like fully customisable motorcycles that you can upgrade (aesthetically) by buying mod kits & lights for the bike, anyone know how I would even go about doing something in construct 2?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use multiple sprites for each part and build the bike out of them, that is the easiest and less time-consuming way. Some mods that do not come with the first/basic version of the bike, like say the lights, can be turned invisible by default when not bought. Then you have one of two options, you either use frames for each mod type (say for every type of light) and set the sprite animation speed to 0 so that you just pick the frame with the currently used mod.

Or you use separate animations if you want the mods to be animated, like banner flags or something. Then you just switch the animation of the "part" sprite to the one you need.

• Use multiple sprites for each part and build the bike out of them, that is the easiest and less time-consuming way. Some mods that do not come with the first/basic version of the bike, like say the lights, can be turned invisible by default when not bought. Then you have one of two options, you either use frames for each mod type (say for every type of light) and set the sprite animation speed to 0 so that you just pick the frame with the currently used mod.

Or you use separate animations if you want the mods to be animated, like banner flags or something. Then you just switch the animation of the "part" sprite to the one you need.

Thanks! You're the greatest.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)