variables updating when game is closed

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Hey everyone, just a general question here..

Lets say that every hour you want to add 1 to a variable but you want it to update even when the app is closed...

My logic would be ...

On app opened -> get date and time

On app closed -> store current date and time

On app opened -> Do math and work out how many hours have passed -> add to variable

Is this possible in construct ?

Thanks !

• yes it is possible. you would have to be able to save locally to add that feature. save on complete / quite layout - On start / load compare save status and adjust by time. before game resume.

• yes it is possible. you would have to be able to save locally to add that feature. save on complete / quite layout - On start / load compare save status and adjust by time. before game resume.

I tried using the "Browser.ExecJS("Date()")" but I am unable to get extract an actual value from it.

• it would be time + 1 for every x sec of time = new variable it won't be able to be saved as a date/time variable in stead as a number. Just like a bonus timer in seconds.

So to set the variable it would be something like (d= +h= +m= +s= )= gamesaved

Thus gamesaved would look like

Updated: 03033600

and if they where to come back in 6 hours it would be

on load get value (d= +h= +m= +s= )= gameplay

Updated: 03063600

compare gamesaved with gameplay

for every x sec > then gamesaved = timeelapsed +1

set gameplay to gamesaved

if object is to move add timeelapsed to direction of move = new position of object.

Updated: The only issue I with the variable is that every day adds 76, every hour adds 40, minute adds 40. so you would need to adjust for that also.

I am pretty sure some one has created a .capx that does this exact feature you are looking for.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ryrydawg

This would give the current time in milliseconds:

Browser.ExecJS("Date.now()")

source:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... jects/Date

You could also look here for a plugin that also does this:

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=63492

If nothing else you'll probably find an example that is helpful.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)