Using a video as background, good idea?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Explainer Video Sound Kit is an out of the ordinary, comprehensive sound effects toolkit.
  • I'm making a shoot'em up and I have 2 possibilities for the background. I need your advice

I was wondering if it is a good idea to put a video on the background?

With that method I could make many effects in another software, even a fake 3d background using repetitive parts it seems big but much simple for me.

Is is a good method?

I will use few secondes of video, with a correct compression, I suppose it's possible to load the video before the "level" correct?

Thank you for your advice

• I'm looking forward to some performance numbers here if anyone tests it ^^

• I'm looking forward to some performance numbers here if anyone tests it ^^

The problem is videos are big for websites, but for a simple game why not ^^

For exemple my ship fly in a big 3D canyon made with Blender, there is a video when the ship go inside the canyon (like starwars VI) then another repetitive video will be used during the fight scene, until the 3rd video at the end :p

• I would try exporting the movie as frames and making a sprite with repeating animation. This way you have some control over it too (slow down, speed up)

• I would try exporting the movie as frames and making a sprite with repeating animation. This way you have some control over it too (slow down, speed up)

Good thinking! I'll try this method too

• foxmaster please tell me how it goes

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • foxmaster please tell me how it goes

I have no idea for the moment I finish the game first

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)