I'm hitting my head to the wall here. I finally managed to get passed all the annoying dumb sh!t that C2 does without telling why it does it and have finished a game (of sorts). So I was creating my Start Screen for the game... it's a funny thing how this software works.
I checked from the project settings and layout settings and C2 clearly indicates that I can choose to run separate event sheets for separate layouts. It indicates directly that I can choose which event sheet to use with a layout. It nowhere states that this is not so.
Here's what REALLY happened:
1. I created my little game on Layout 1 and Event Sheet 1
2. I created a start screen via duplicating the Layout 1 ( is now Layout 2)
3. I created a new Event Sheet (2)
4. I started changing how my little game objects function in Layout 2 (I wanted to use my existing thingys to create the Start Screen) by changing behaviours
5. I copied some events from Event Sheet 1 (game) to Event Sheet 2 (start screen)
6. I get my Start Screen to work as I wish with all the bells and whistles, so my game seems to be ready (somewhat ready)
(I checked that my layouts have their respective event sheets chosen in the Layout Settings - I have no event sheet includes between them)
7. I launch the game and on the Start Screen I click the appropriate button (which works) and my game layout (Layout 1) is launched.
8. The game is ruined - everything is shot to sh!t !!! The behaviours I made to Layout 2 (Start Screen layout) and the Event Sheet 2 events are manifest in the GAME PORTION OF THE DILLY DANG!!!!! WHAT THE H*LL!?!?!
So I'm kinda pissed about this - please tell me there is a way to actually use separate event sheets... or pull out the function from the UI.
And also... if you tell me that when duplicating a layout, this is what happens, then I'll just have to say that this C2 software is done half-a$$ed - there should at least be a warning or a function that created DUPLICATES as the function name alludes to.
ps. I'm super pissed.... in case you didn't notice....