How do I get user media to quit crashing

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality user interface sound effects for Sci-Fi projects
  • every time i run it locally to see how its doing... It asks do i want to open my webcam.. i hit share it... it shows it for about 1 minute... then fire fox crashes and sends a report to firefox...

will this go away when I export or is this a sign of doom.

Events:

user media, on media request approved, user media, get media sources.

touch, tap gesture, user media, request camera source 0

touch, tap gesture, user media, request audio source 0 and route to audio tag "mic"

• every time i run it locally to see how its doing... It asks do i want to open my webcam.. i hit share it... it shows it for about 1 minute... then fire fox crashes and sends a report to firefox...

Events:

touch, tap gesture, user media, request audio source 0 and route to audio tag "mic"

Have you tested on other browsers?

Would be easier if you upload a .capx or provide a url for us to test for you.

Events:

For some people Firefox runs very poorly with HTML 5. For the best performance I use NW.js. Chrome comes in at the second fastest.

Firefox , Edge and Explorer all totally suck for me though.

The plugins have a lot to do with it. If you use the following disable them:

Adblock Plus

Element hider for adblock plus

Firebug

Unity plugin (the old 4.0 one)

NoScript

TorButton

Download Helper

You might notice a big performance boost after you kill them all off. Some people have absolutely no issues with it though.

Best thing I have found is to just set the Default browser to Chrome, and I tell all of my game players that the game is not compatible with Firefox, Edge or Explorer. This has eliminated most of the performance complaints I have been getting from Kongregate players.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • how do i make chrome my default browser? Sorry i know its stupid, but i can't figure it out. LOL

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)