User interface questions

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality user interface sound effects for Sci-Fi projects
  • I'm not sure how to ask this.

One may involve nations or regions on a world map. I comprehend that I'll need a picked variable. But the user interface must be able to display the variables of the nation or region on the world map. How would I best do this? And how would I best store the variables of the nations or regions on the world map?

• I don't understand what you are trying to do, but I guess at what you are doing, then I would use a big world map and make the regions image points. Then store image points numbers as variables.

Sorry, I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do. I'm sure someone smarter than me will give some good advice.

• Have regions as separate sprites, put each sprite in 'regions' family that has all the necessary variables. Now all of your regions can be separated by on touch event for example, and have the same set of variables. If I understood correctly what you are going for. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Or have one big sprite as a map, and put Image points at each region location. You could then spawn text at the locations containing the variables.

Edit:

If you are needing to read clicks of them, I would spawn invisible markers (or the blank text boxes themselves) at each Image point and set it's instance variable so I could read which was selected.

They would be player chosen by picking the nearest marker to the player touch or click.

actually now that I think about it, you could just see which image point was closest to the click...

• Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)