How do I Update my Project on Intel XDK

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Hi guys,

Im currently learning exporting to Android. So far everything works but i can't figure out how to update my Project in Intel XDK.

Edit: I already imported the construct 2 export into XDK and everything went fine, the app runs great. Now i want to update the existing project in XDK to a newer version with some bugfixes.

Until now i always deleted the old Project and imported a new one, whenever i finished a new version, but thats realy inconvenient and i can't imagine there is no other way...

Please, can anybody help me?

• just copy the construct exported contents to the intel directory project folder and into the www folder, leaving everything above this level alone. then open the intel XDK

• Thank you for the quick aswer, but i can't find the folder your talking about. I got to .../Appdata/Local/Intel/XDK/... and then i got kind of lost.

Just to clarify (because my first post went out kind of short), i already imported the construct 2 export into XDK and everything went fine, the app runs great. Now i want to update the existing project in XDK to a newer version with some bugfixes.

Hope you can help me again

• When you build in the XDK, just choose to Upload the files and you will get the new stuff.

• Thank you but my problem is not how to upload the new version. It's how to import it into XDK without creating a new Project.

See, i made Version 1.1 of my app, exported it from C2, imported it into XDK, did the app settings, build and uploaded it. Everything went great and i could test it on different devices. Now, after some feedback, i made Version 1.2 of my app with some fixes and stuff. I exported it from C2 and then comes my problem.

I want to update the XDK project with the version 1.2 but can't figure out how. The only way i see is deleating the old Project and importing a new one. But thats realy inconvenient cause i'd have to do the appsettings again for each version.

• when exporting from C2 change the directory to where your xdk project is located. it will overwrite the old build. then in xdk change the build number and App version code under build settings.

• Thank you very much!

It worked

• I still don't get it. Were you exporting to a different folder each time?

• Yes, i always named the folder after the new version^^

• oh..

The only issue I have is with C2 wanting me to export to a folder I USED to use ages ago, instead of the same folder I've used many times since... If I don't notice, I can waste a good 10 minutes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you! This is the exact question I had and answer I needed. Construct 2 community rocks!

• This helped me too. Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)