Unknown Error During Export

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hello,

I have finished my first Construct game, and I wish to publish it onto the internet. However, I am unable to export the project.

When I select the "Scirra Arcade" option, it displays a message that says "Unknown Error during export."

If I select the "HTML5 Website" option, it says it cannot open the file "[...]\index.html"

Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks.

• A bit more info needed really.

What Os?

What version of C2?

Where are you exporting to ? Do you have OS rights to export location?

Are you using minify?

That should do for a start

Version of C2: Release 163 (64-bit)

What is OS rights to export location? I also program with GameMaker, and I've never had any problems creating games with that.

Minify: It won't allow me to select that when exporting to Scirra Arcade, but on HTML5, it's automatically checked.

Version of C2: Release 163 (64-bit)

What is OS rights to export location? I also program with GameMaker, and I've never had any problems creating games with that.

Minify: It won't allow me to select that when exporting to Scirra Arcade, but on HTML5, it's automatically checked.

Maybe reinstall c2 can help, or if you are really using r163, try to update to r173, this may help, i hope. Oh, and launch c2 as administrator, and save your project to the location that has no access limit, like desktop.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I updated Construct to r173.

And I saved it to the Desktop, that worked. Thanks a ton!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)