Typing Game

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Hey, i'm relatively new to Construct 2, and I was wondering if anyone could give me an overview on how to go about making a typing game like anthonykojima's Zombie Typing Survivor (http://www.scirra.com/forum/my-new-game-zombie-typing-survivor_topic56536.html).

I'm mainly unsure on how to have the text box come down, and have:

1. The first key pressed to determine which word is being tackled.

2. How to have the letters disappear after each successful key is pressed.

3. How to have the word/enemy disappear once all characters have been typed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Typing Game (r115)

There you go :)

• You are awesome, procrastinator. I didn't expect such a detailed example in such a short amount of time, I really appreciated it. Thank you ever so much.

• No problem. Hope it helps.

BTW anyone help with this?

In the example above I had to convert the keycode to a character using a string to hold the alphabet. I'm looking for something like chr() from the real coding world. While doing that example, I couldn't find anything... is there such a thing in C2?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Procrastinator, thanks for the demo code. I have it incorporated into my game, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to allow all keys to register. I can do upper or lower, but if I try to extend it to numbers or symbols, it just types letters instead. Any ideas?

• Here's a better question, how do create a random word generator?

• There are websites that create random words based on criteria. Then you convert that into a JSON file and use RANDOM to select a different word.

• In the example above I had to convert the keycode to a character using a string to hold the alphabet. I'm looking for something like chr() from the real coding world. While doing that example, I couldn't find anything... is there such a thing in C2?

I looked also, no chr or asc functions. Could probably build functions to do that, but would still require strings. I haven't progressed on the syntax and token commands enough from basic C2 to delve into the plugins just yet, but maybe there is something there.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)