Tutorial - Facebook on iOS and Android

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • Hi everyone,

A couple of months ago I wrote several extensive tutorials on how to implement Facebook into your Construct 2 game. Since then I've received a lot of positive feedback and it seems like my tutorials have done some good for the community however the one issue people kept raising was that I was using the Cranberrygames plugin which is quite buggy and frequently fails to initialize Facebook on Android.

Over the last month, I have figured out a way to completely remove the Cranberrygames plugin from my projects and still have full Facebook compatibility on mobile devices. I have written an extensive tutorial about it on my web page:

http://www.megagamestudios.com/

This method basically replaces the Cranberrygames plugin with Javascript code and separates user flow into browser and mobile streams. I have included all required code for copy-paste on my blog. This method will give you full access to all of Facebook's features including:

• Login/Logout capacity on all devices (mobile and browser)
    • A working, customizable sharing button
    • Downloading basic user information
    • Downloading user friend lists

As always, my tutorials are 100% free and I'm happy to answer any questions (as long as the question isn't "Fix my game please") or take requests on future tutorials Enjoy!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)