Turret getting messed up at multiple targets?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • Howdy,

Alright so I'm doing a tower defense game and obviously the turrets are the most important thing here. The problem is they kinda get messed up as soon as more than one enemy shows in the screen. I have it set so that the turrets acquire their targets every tick, (tried making them acquire at the beggining of layout but for some reason doesn't seem to work [they are spawned mid-game, if that affects]), but whenever a big group of enemies arrives the turret kinda gets confused at which enemy to attack and sometimes doesn't even shoot. I really need an answer for this, i've been trying so hard but nothing seems to fix this... Any help is really appreciated! <3

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There are a few tutorials about using turrets, study them.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/all

You can add objects to turret's target list at start of the layout, then they will pick targets automatically, once they are in range.

If you want control over which targets they should shoot at (for example to prefer stronger enemies), you can use "Acquire target", but you need to make sure that turret doesn't already have a target.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)