Trouble with Combos

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Trying to make a character sprite perform a 2 hit combo, with each hit having a different animation. i have the animations down pat but I'm having trouble programming the whole thing. Primarily in two areas.

1. The first problem I'm having is that the animation is triggering all wrong. With the X button on the keyboard being the attack button, ideally I want the first X input to trigger the first animation (I call it "Attack1")and the 2nd X input to trigger the second animation (I call it "Attack2"). But when I try to put it together, the second animation is all that plays. These are the conditions I have for the 2nd attack input.

Keyboard - X is down

Playerbox - Platform is on floor

Is Animation "Attack1" playing

This way, the second animation should only play if the X button is pressed and the first animation is active, but when I do this only the second animation ends up playing, so i'm doing something wrong but i can't for the life of me figure out what.

2. How do i make it so when pressing the attack button, the attack animation triggers only once, instead of starting up again and each time i press it regardless of what point the attack animation is in. I figure i have to mess around with the "Wait" and "Ignore input" actions, but no amount of tinkering is giving me the desired result.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. How long is the animation? It might not be playing when you come to press X the second time. Link to a .capx and I can help.

2. Do you mean block the user from pressing X while the first animation is playing?

• Sorry about the long wait on the reply

1. How long is the animation? It might not be playing when you come to press X the second time. Link to a .capx and I can help.

The animation is 3 frames long at a speed of 5, i'll try to extend the first animations time to see if this can solve my problem. (As soon as I learn how to post .capx i'll post it, still new to this :-)

2. Do you mean block the user from pressing X while the first animation is playing?

That's one way to think about it, I figure I just need to block to user from pressing x for a certain amount of time before the x button becomes it can be active again. I can do it for platform movement, but I?ll see if I can do it with the x button with so meddling.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)