How do I translate my game/program in multiple languages

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Implement multi-language translation inside your game effortlessly with the language.translate plugin!
  • Hi i was thinking about .ini file, but i don't know how to do this. Is there any way?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The best way would be a XML. You can make many other things with it.

The cool thing is:

You create the way it's organized, not limited by groups like in INI

For example, I'm developing an rpg system which has its characters set by an external file.

And I also have a second one just with the text.

Dialog example(which can be furter developed, you can nest an infinity of text inside each character for example)

<chapter 1>
    <character-a>Grab your destiny!</character-a>
    <character-b>Did you see the ghost?</character-b>
    </chapter 1>

<chapter 2>
    <character-a>The cake was a lie.</character-a>
    <character-b>There was no ghost? Myths are created by a lack of purpose.</character-b>
    </chapter 2>[/code:6zm3cgim]

Example of data for a character, which will get interpreted during the excecution, I can't stop to think about the creative possibilities brought thanks to it and the modularity we could achieve, like, an editor with really easy and straightforward sintax:
    [code:6zm3cgim]
    <monster name="Pikatchoo" type="famous" atk="12" def="12">
    <info>It's a clone of a famous japanese character, always with the flu</info></monster>[/code:6zm3cgim]

Here is a tutorial link which explains how to get the values from a file:
    [url=https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/354/xml-parsing]https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/354/xml-parsing[/url]

I suggets also taking a look at w3schools, I found their explanation really easy to grasp and in 3 minutes I was making a heavy-nested file filled with data for characters.
  • I would just use JSON.

• Rexu

Just use Translation plugin:

If you want to see working example

, go to and click Block Puzzle

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)