How to have a transition/effect between different levels?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • You know how you can view your photos on the computer, like in a slideshow, and you can generally choose different effects between the different photos (i.e. fade in, fade out, photo slides in, etc).

Is there a way to have similar effects when a person goes from one level in a game to another? Right now, when the first level is done, I know how to tell it to go to 'level 2' on another worksheet.. but is there a way that I can have an effect between the 2 levels easily?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • just open c2 templates and it has 3 or 4 sample transitions for you to see

• Roccinio: Thanks VERY much for the info. I admittedly didn't even realize those transition examples are there. Unfortunately for me, they seem a bit tooooooo involved -- or perhaps I'm just lazy. I kind of was just hoping for a lot less events. For example, here is just a small portion of one of the events: ((time - startTime) / duration / 2) * 15 <---- I don't know about you, but I did less math throughout my entire education -- and if I have to involve math just to make a transition, I'll go nuts.

Perhaps what I'll try is just have a huge white screen covering the entire game area... then I'll tell the white screen to 'fade out' when the system starts. Maybe that is easier for a newbie like me...

• Roccinio: Thanks VERY much for the info. I admittedly didn't even realize those transition examples are there. Unfortunately for me, they seem a bit tooooooo involved -- or perhaps I'm just lazy. I kind of was just hoping for a lot less events. For example, here is just a small portion of one of the events: ((time - startTime) / duration / 2) * 15 <---- I don't know about you, but I did less math throughout my entire education -- and if I have to involve math just to make a transition, I'll go nuts. Plus, I'm a novice and have enough trouble getting stuff to work properly -- so I don't want to also start worrying about whether the transition effects will work for everybody (i.e. it is my understanding those transitions aren't compatible with all browsers).

Perhaps what I'll try is just have a sprite of a huge white screen covering the entire game area... then I'll tell the white screen/sprite to 'fade out' when the system starts -- which I'm guessing will look like the game is fading in. Maybe that is easier for a newbie like me...

• the "math"he is using is just a fancy and easy way for programmers to do their job fast and efficient.to be honest this is not math.it is just basic programming principles that you have to learn in order for you to able to do anything a bit more complicated in the future.to encourage you, when i first started i was just staring at the screen but with effort you will become a million times better.he is just using 2 global variables, assighs them a number and then he deducts one from another.it is really that simple.yes you are right .webgl is not supported for example in windows xp anymore from chrome.try a bit harder and if you get stuck i will be here to try and help you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)