Trace of an object?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Here is a capx I made. I want the moons path to be traced by a white line but I don't want the line to disappear.

For this, I create a sprite in the moon's position every tick. However, this method is unreliable because it creats too many objects, slowing the game.

Can you suggest a better way to do this?

And I don't know why the texts of the text boxes are not changed at the start.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hello there i cant help you out but for the textbox. you must use something like this:

E_xdistance.Text

E_xspeed.Text

E_ydistance.Text

add .Text

• hello there i cant help you out but for the textbox. you must use something like this:

E_xdistance.Text

E_xspeed.Text

E_ydistance.Text

add .Text

It's not like that. Please see the attached capx.

• Doc Ai

You could use the Paster plugin so the object count doesn't increase.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... aster.capx

Also it appears you need to use str(E_xdistance) when setting the text instead of E_xdistance. Would be a good topic for a bug report.

• I think your solution is fine, maybe you could delete overlaping objects or check if count is bigger than a certain amount(max objects), about the text, jus add str() to them, as they are numbers and need to be converted to strings

• Another idea if you don't want to use a plugin.

Add a Global called trailoverlap then set it to 1 when trail overlaps itself.

Reduce the trail generation time, i.e. only create a trail every 0.1 seconds and only when Global trailoverlap = 0.

See attached.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)