Touch Control Problem / Problema Controle Touch

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Hi,

and sorry my English...

I have a 2d platform game with touch controls.

When I touch the screen, I create an object in position Touch.X, Touch.Y.

When I touch the Jump button, the player jumps.

But When I touch and stay touched at the Jump Buton and soon after I touch the screen, the object is created on the Jump button.

If I start a touch the jump button before touching the screen and stay touching the jump button at the same time that I touch the screen with my other finger, the object is created in Touch.X, Touch.Y position of the finger that is touching the jump button, and not at the Touch.X, Touch.Y Position of the finger that is touching the screen.

I need the object to be created on the screen (Touch.X Touch.Y Position), even when I'm touching the jump button first.

Perhaps the solution is use Touch ID or Touch Index, but I don't know how use these functions and I don't find any detailed tutorial about it.

Can anyone help me?

• Add an inverted is touching jump button condition to your on screen touched create object event.

That'll allow the object to be created only under the condtion that player touched screen but not jump button.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Add an inverted is touching jump button condition to your on screen touched create object event.

That'll allow the object to be created only under the condtion that player touched screen but not jump button.

Thank you EyezWidee, but I've tried this solution before and this is not what I'm looking for. The problem is that it prevents the object be created if or when I'm jumping (when I'm touching the JUMP OBJECT) and I don't want any of the actions be canceled. I need all actions happening simultaneously, but the object needs to be created on the screen and never on the jump object position.

I need the player jump action proceed normally, even when the screen and the jump button are being played... I need this because the game is dynamic and fast.

If the player keeps his finger on the jump button object and touch the screen with another finger, I need the player jump and the object is created at the position of the second finger thats touched the screen, and not at the position of the jump button (That was the first touch, in this case). When I touch the screen first and, after this, I touch (and stay touching) the Jump Object, there is no problem, because the object always is created at the position of the first touch.

The object is created at the first touch position, so if I touch the JUMP BUTTON OBJECT first, the player will jump, but if, after this, I stay my finger at the jump object and with my OTHER FINGER I touch any part of the Screen, the object is created at the FIRST TOUCH POSITION, ie at the JUMP BUTTON OBJECT POSITION, and not at the screen.

I need to, somehow, that the object is always be created on position of the finger that is touching the screen, independent if exist a Jump Object in touch or not, independent if the first touch was on the jump object or on the screen.

Again, sorry for my terrible english. I await more suggestions and thank you anyway.

• I did it!

I used the TouchXAt (Index) property.

Thanks anyway, EyezWidee.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)