How do I

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
  • I want to test out what ive got so far. on an android I'm not looking for emulation

• scirra.com/manual/122/testing-and-publishing

thanks can I use a usb for a local network test I would prefer a wired connection over wifi

• > scirra.com/manual/122/testing-and-publishing

>

thanks can I use a usb for a local network test I would prefer a wired connection over wifi

Hmm, I know that's possible for regular files, like images and docs, but not sure if you could "mirror" your pc that way... The wifi method is a very effective and easy route to take. Are you just on an insecure network?

• >

> > scirra.com/manual/122/testing-and-publishing

> >

>

> thanks can I use a usb for a local network test I would prefer a wired connection over wifi

>

Hmm, I know that's possible for regular files, like images and docs, but not sure if you could "mirror" your pc that way... The wifi method is a very effective and easy route to take. Are you just on an insecure network?

I just wanted to test out fast and easy

• Testing over wi-fi is both fast and easy, or do you have a problem of some kind?

• Testing over wi-fi is both fast and easy, or do you have a problem of some kind?

no I'm just using someone else's android so haven't had much time with it

• > Testing over wi-fi is both fast and easy, or do you have a problem of some kind?

>

no I'm just using someone else's android so haven't had much time with it

also I'm not seen export to android I just updated to the new beta maybe a bug there or is it on my end

• also I'm not seen export to android I just updated to the new beta maybe a bug there or is it on my end

This has been known as 'Export to Cordova' for quite a while now.

A tutorial from Ashley can be found HERE.

• >

> also I'm not seen export to android I just updated to the new beta maybe a bug there or is it on my end

>

This has been known as 'Export to Cordova' for quite a while now.

A tutorial from Ashley can be found HERE.

cool I installed xdk last night

still haven't got a android to test on yet

• Yeah, it takes about five minutes max to get it set up, and then you can preview on mobile anytime you want..

Quick simplified version (assuming you have windows and ARE CURRENTLY CONNECTED TO THE SAME WIFI ON BOTH YOUR PC AND YOUR PHONE.

1) Go to Control Panel

2) Click System Security

3) Click Windows Firewall

4) On left side, now, click Advanced Settings

5) On the new popped up window, left side, click Inbound Rules

6) On right side, click New Rule.

7) Select PORT, click next

8) Select TCP

9) Click Specific Local Ports and Enter in " 50000-50100" (without quotes of course)

10) Click Next

11) Leave as "Allow Connection", Click Next

12) Select what networks recognize the rule. I leave all selected. It's not really an issue. Click Next.

13) The the rule whatever you want.

Now that that's done (only time you'll ever do it) All you have to do is go to C2, right click the icon, and make sure you "Run as Administrator".

After it opens, click on File. Near the bottom right will be a "Preferences" button. Click it.

Click on the "Preview" tab.

To the right of the "Preview on LAN Address" is a text box then a button with an ellipses -- "..."

Click that button [...]

Double click the only, or one of the, numbers that starts with 192.

Click OK.

Close C2 and open it again, remember to "Run as Administrator"...

Now click preview. Your browser should pop up your game and the address bar should have "192.168. blah blah blah"

Open your phone's internet browser and enter in these exact same numbers and click GO.

It may take a minute to load, but your game will pop up on your phone.

Any time in the future you want to preview on your phone, make sure your phone and pc are on the same wifi. Run C2 as administrator, go back to the preview preferences and re-select the 192 number. (This changes when you connect to a different wifi. I move around a lot and that's why I leave my firewall open and have to reselect the number everytime. Then restart C2 as admin and preview. You should not have to ever change the Firewall rule.

• Yeah, it takes about five minutes max to get it set up, and then you can preview on mobile anytime you want..

Quick simplified version (assuming you have windows and ARE CURRENTLY CONNECTED TO THE SAME WIFI ON BOTH YOUR PC AND YOUR PHONE.

1) Go to Control Panel

2) Click System Security

3) Click Windows Firewall

4) On left side, now, click Advanced Settings

5) On the new popped up window, left side, click Inbound Rules

6) On right side, click New Rule.

7) Select PORT, click next

8) Select TCP

9) Click Specific Local Ports and Enter in " 50000-50100" (without quotes of course)

10) Click Next

11) Leave as "Allow Connection", Click Next

12) Select what networks recognize the rule. I leave all selected. It's not really an issue. Click Next.

13) The the rule whatever you want.

Now that that's done (only time you'll ever do it) All you have to do is go to C2, right click the icon, and make sure you "Run as Administrator".

After it opens, click on File. Near the bottom right will be a "Preferences" button. Click it.

Click on the "Preview" tab.

To the right of the "Preview on LAN Address" is a text box then a button with an ellipses -- "..."

Click that button [...]

Double click the only, or one of the, numbers that starts with 192.

Click OK.

Close C2 and open it again, remember to "Run as Administrator"...

Now click preview. Your browser should pop up your game and the address bar should have "192.168. blah blah blah"

Open your phone's internet browser and enter in these exact same numbers and click GO.

It may take a minute to load, but your game will pop up on your phone.

Any time in the future you want to preview on your phone, make sure your phone and pc are on the same wifi. Run C2 as administrator, go back to the preview preferences and re-select the 192 number. (This changes when you connect to a different wifi. I move around a lot and that's why I leave my firewall open and have to reselect the number everytime. Then restart C2 as admin and preview. You should not have to ever change the Firewall rule.

thanks ill give it a go soon

• > Yeah, it takes about five minutes max to get it set up, and then you can preview on mobile anytime you want..

>

> Quick simplified version (assuming you have windows and ARE CURRENTLY CONNECTED TO THE SAME WIFI ON BOTH YOUR PC AND YOUR PHONE.

>

> 1) Go to Control Panel

> 2) Click System Security

> 3) Click Windows Firewall

> 4) On left side, now, click Advanced Settings

> 5) On the new popped up window, left side, click Inbound Rules

> 6) On right side, click New Rule.

> 7) Select PORT, click next

> 8) Select TCP

> 9) Click Specific Local Ports and Enter in " 50000-50100" (without quotes of course)

> 10) Click Next

> 11) Leave as "Allow Connection", Click Next

> 12) Select what networks recognize the rule. I leave all selected. It's not really an issue. Click Next.

> 13) The the rule whatever you want.

>

> Now that that's done (only time you'll ever do it) All you have to do is go to C2, right click the icon, and make sure you "Run as Administrator".

>

> After it opens, click on File. Near the bottom right will be a "Preferences" button. Click it.

>

> Click on the "Preview" tab.

>

> To the right of the "Preview on LAN Address" is a text box then a button with an ellipses -- "..."

>

> Click that button [...]

>

> Double click the only, or one of the, numbers that starts with 192.

>

> Click OK.

>

> Close C2 and open it again, remember to "Run as Administrator"...

>

> Now click preview. Your browser should pop up your game and the address bar should have "192.168. blah blah blah"

>

> Open your phone's internet browser and enter in these exact same numbers and click GO.

>

> It may take a minute to load, but your game will pop up on your phone.

>

> Any time in the future you want to preview on your phone, make sure your phone and pc are on the same wifi. Run C2 as administrator, go back to the preview preferences and re-select the 192 number. (This changes when you connect to a different wifi. I move around a lot and that's why I leave my firewall open and have to reselect the number everytime. Then restart C2 as admin and preview. You should not have to ever change the Firewall rule.

>

thanks ill give it a go soon

I just did everything you said in order and on android internet browser but its not connecting or timing out. isn't there a setting on android for app developers

• There is also this tutorial from Ashley: How to preview on a local network.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is also this tutorial from Ashley: How to preview on a local network.

I'm using xdk to test and emulate and all I'm getting is a white screen how long is it normal to wait

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)