How do I Make a top view seemless world

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template for top-down view games)
  • I want my worldmap to be a flat top-down view, but I want them to be able to "Around" it as if it was a circular earth. I have it now so that when the player gets to the max layout spot, it teleports them back to the opposite end of the layout, but I want to make it so it's seemless and the camera doesn't stop scrolling then reconnect with the player.

It would be easier to do since I know how to infinitely scroll TiledBackgrounds, but I will also have enemies chasing the player, and static points on the map for the player to navigate to. The static points make it so the ideas I have won't work. Any ideas?!

• You need to move your teleport point in far enough that the map edges don't end. Then teleport the player.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think that would do it, because I don't want it to look like the player is teleporting, just as if they are still moving along the seamless world. Also, this would misplace the enemies. If I have to teleport the player, the enemies would lose sight of the player's ship when he's crossing the imaginary teleport line

• I don't think that would do it, because I don't want it to look like the player is teleporting, just as if they are still moving along the seamless world. Also, this would misplace the enemies. If I have to teleport the player, the enemies would lose sight of the player's ship when he's crossing the imaginary teleport line

Then just create more map as they approach the edge of your current map. As long as you control the visuals of the seams, it will appear seamless.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)