How do I time my moving sprite and fix timer(wait)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Control your space ship in a weird space-time environment and destroy as many enemies as you can!
  • I would like to have an image of fog spawn in from the start of layout at 6 seconds (just an example it's actually 176), it does do this but if I die before the 6 seconds then the timer(wait) will not stop and the fog will appear when my player is dead still from 6 seconds. Is there a way to stop this if I need to use a timer instead would you mind making it simple for me to understand I can't seem to find much info in the forums on making a timer on a sprite.

Here is another way I tried but with this way the fog will not appear when I click my restart level/layout button

Many thanks in advance this simple thing has got my in a right pickle

• You can add a sub event to your "on start of layout" to check if the player is alive or not.

on start of layout

(sub event)

Player.alive = 1- > create fog

this way it will only create the fog if the player is alive at the start of the layout

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • justifun thanks, pretty new to this I have a function for what happens when the player is dead how would I create the alive or sub event?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)