How do I make tilt controls like Doodle Jump

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports keyboard, mouse and gamepads. Supports several gamepads at once.
  • I tried to use Compare orientation <-8 | Player(platform) simulate move left and the >8 for right

However, I couldn't achieve the smoothness and acceleration according to the degree I tilt, like Doodle Jump controls.

What I get is like the same thing I press the left arrow key twice, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Please teach me.

• Never played Doodle Jump, but know of it, so not 100% sure how the controls work.

Made a quick example for you how I would do these controls.

• Minor, where did you get 165r c2??

I have thought the actual release is 163.

users with 163r C2 can open it

• It's the beta. I keep forgetting to mention that.

Also I have just updated to the new beta as I was one behind earlier, so the newest beta is 166.

• users with 163r C2 can open it

How i can download 165r?

Or please post screenshot evets list of tiltcontrol app

• I have to purposely download r166 beta to view it, however, what I need is to use the Gamma orientation, as the game has to tilt horizontally, and I've tried setting Set vector Y or simulate platform Left, both don't come out the result that I wanted, what I want is something like you pour a water from a kettle, the more angle u tilt, the more water pours, same goes to the game, more tilt = more acceleration/speed

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have to purposely download r166 beta to view it, however, what I need is to use the Gamma orientation, as the game has to tilt horizontally, and I've tried setting Set vector Y or simulate platform Left, both don't come out the result that I wanted, what I want is something like you pour a water from a kettle, the more angle u tilt, the more water pours, same goes to the game, more tilt = more acceleration/speed

Let's wait 166 p. That what are you talking about- I decided that the second action conditions (Beta, Gamma) - set speed.

But i still don't understand how set acceleration and set decceleration are working

• Hi

Has there been a method to set the player horizontal acceleration/deceleration movement based on the gamma orientation of a device?... i.e the more a device is tilted the faster the player moves.. the less it is tilted the slower the player moves. The example template provided, when it's run on a phone, is too rigid because you have to tilt the phone enough (angle 8) before the sprite reacts... doesn't make for a good experience in my opinion when compared to other infinite jumpers like 'go go goat' or indeed 'doodle jump'.

Thanks for any suggestions also.

*Edit*

I found the answer change the touch events to...

Touch > Gamma orientation >1 > player > platform vector X to Touch.Gamma*10

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)