How do I use the tilt control

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hey guys & girls ,

How can I use the alpha, beta, gamma features?

I don't understand how to tell the system to move into the direction the device is tilted, but as in a 8-way direction.

Regards,

Andrei

• I haven't tried this out yet, but I came across this old blog post here: http://ericterpstra.com/2012/11/construct-2-html5-mobile-game-turkey-trot-of-doom/

On that page, the author has a link for CAPX with accelerometer controls. You could look at that for ideas. Again, I'm not sure if that code is out-dated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Touch conditions

Compare acceleration

Compare the current device's motion as its acceleration on each axis in m/s^2 (meters per second per second). The effect of gravity can be included or excluded, but note that some devices only support accelerometer values including the effect of gravity and will always return 0 for acceleration excluding gravity.

Compare orientation

Compare the device's current orientation, if the device has a supported inclinometer. Alpha is the compass direction in degrees. Beta is the device front-to-back tilt in degrees (i.e. tilting forwards away from you if holding in front of you). A positive value indicates front tilt and a negative value indicates back tilt. Gamma is the device left-to-right tilt in degrees (i.e. twisting if holding in front of you). A positive value indicates right tilt and a negative value indicates left tilt.

• Thanks... granpa I know how to read. The problem is that I don't really understand how to set it up...

• I also encounter this problem too! When i tilt my smartphone, the Player doesn't move to the left and right smoothly, it seems like you tap ur left key twice, not as smooth as Doodle Jump or Mega Jump controls. Anyone pls teach us what to put in the Event

• hello?

great support, super friendly forums... can you help?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)