How do I make tilemaps change layers?

• I'm using a family sortable system that uses y ascending imagepointY (YCompare) with objects and the player. This moves the objects to different layers "Infront" or "Behind" to make it look like the player, trees, and grass go in front or behind each other - giving that distance look. I made two tilemaps. One that places dirt and grass tiles and the other one for cliffs. I'm looking for a way to have the cliffs work similar to the sort system where the trees, grass, rocks further up the imagepointY go behind the cliffs and the ones below that appear on top of the tiled cliffs. Any ideas on how to do this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tilemap is one object, you can't assign different z-order values to individual tiles.

• Thank you dop2000. I sort of found a way to make my cliffs cover other objects by making the edges into objects (5 objects the size of 32x32) then copy them and line them up with the tilemap. I then added them to the sortable family and it works, although with limits since anything going passed it too much will make other objects place over them. This probably isn't a good way to do it, but it's something. This is what I have so far.

drive.google.com/file/d/1Vb2qYaGinbTxjFNPeiRUhDX9YTkjb6Op/view

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)