How do I do this? HELP!!!

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm trying to make make a game that.s kinda like a don't stop moving or else game.

I want it to be like you keep moving through platforms while something chases you, and I started off by using to runner template. I am having trouble with the player. It moves but it doesn't stop. I put in A as stop but it didnt destroy like i TRIED to program it to.

Any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

• I think anyone will have a hard time assisting with this without seeing the events in a shared capx.

• I think anyone will have a hard time assisting with this without seeing the events in a shared capx.

How do i share my capx

• Save project as a capx file and put on dropbox or google drive and paste the link. Generally if you're asking how to do something then someone can give advice, if you're asking what's wrong with your game then they will need to see it, or they can guess.

• Save project as a capx file and put on dropbox or google drive and paste the link. Generally if you're asking how to do something then someone can give advice, if you're asking what's wrong with your game then they will need to see it, or they can guess.

This SHOULD be it, it should have blue curcular player

dr ive.g oogle .c om/o pen? id=0B6 HU1VgiIjA5 MHBrdlNTX 0x3c1k

just put it together

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yep, what's the issue then? I don't know what you mean by it doesn't stop, should it stop?

• Yep, what's the issue then? I don't know what you mean by it doesn't stop, should it stop?

I want to make it where you start and can control it but as soon as the player stops he dies (destroyed)

• And the user has complete control not auto run

• So what you're saying is, here is an auto runner example, but I want to make a completely different game? So the other commands for jumping aren't the design for the game, like a tap to jump? This game you provided is currently an infinite runner with tap to jump and it sounds like that's not the game you're trying to make? To control the player you need to set Default Controls to Yes on platform behaviour and then disable all overriding platform events like where it's forcing you to jump and move right. Not sure what game you're trying to make but it sounds like a platformer.

• So what you're saying is, here is an auto runner example, but I want to make a completely different game? So the other commands for jumping aren't the design for the game, like a tap to jump? This game you provided is currently an infinite runner with tap to jump and it sounds like that's not the game you're trying to make? To control the player you need to set Default Controls to Yes on platform behaviour and then disable all overriding platform events like where it's forcing you to jump and move right. Not sure what game you're trying to make but it sounds like a platformer.

yea i see what you mean, i thought auto runner would help but i still don't know how to get the controls how I'd like them

I agree it is a platformer style but is there any template i should use

• I guess you need a long layout where you just run across like a platformer, keeping the scroll to on the player and if you stop you die. You could mimic it by possibly doing when right key is pressed down, have the background scroll in bullet behaviour like you have there with things coming at you while the player character is static, so you are in control of the level moving. So basically whenever right key is down the bullet behaviour is enabled on the background and floor, then you spawn obstacles randomly, while your character has a running animation.

• You should be more precise in your posts and read your post before plublishing it.

• So basically...

I'm trying to make a specific character movement style.

You may notice that I am not inluding my capx file within this post anymore, that is because i am using the Construct 2 platformer template.

What I am trying to do is have the character start off moving, but once the user starts playing, they can control the Player (sprite) fully, except if the STOP moving they die. Any help with this?

• Anyone ^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)