Textbox type Telephone/Number

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hi,

I have added a Textbox to my project and set its "Type" property as Telephone, I also tried using "Type":Number but both these are behaving the same as "Type":Text. I am seeing no change in behaviour. What I really expected was that it would take only numeric input or number with dash for telephone.

When type is set to Telephone I see that a scrollbar also gets added to the Textbox by default, could you please help resolve this... ?

-Thanks

• You got a browser that supports html 5?

If you see the buttons you call "scrollbar", I think yes.

And yes the Textboxes should only accept numbers, telephon also "+".

Here is a reference, scroll down until you find number and tlephone to see what they are doing. LINK

If you dont like the arrows use the "set custum css" action in Construct 2 to change this ;) Informations about that

• Thanks Darklinki but I was expecting this to work out of box in C2 as it is already taking input for these properties.

Setting them through CSS would be double work, not that I don't want to do it but I just wanted to know whether its supported and working in C2 out of box or not.

-Thanks

• Setting the input type to 'tel' doesn't do anything in most browsers. It pops up the numeric input on some mobile devices but that's about it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks ramones, I wanted to write some validation for the telephone input like: Alphabets should not be keyed in. I used a workaround which seems to work, workaround was to take the text input in int(Textbox.text) which returns 0 if alphabets is inputted.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)