If textbox does not equal certain text, then?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I've got an issue regarding the textbox. We're making a small prototype thingie for college. It's the idea that kids have to fill in the blanks with certain words. Although, if they spelled the word wrong they won't get any points and they won't get a 'congratulations' pop-up. I have tried using the does not equal sign in the expressions, but that isn't a valid syntax and now I'm stuck. Does anybody know what I could do to fix this? Would be really appreciated!

Kind regards,

AngusMcfife

• Hopefully this will be of assistance.

I would recommend to look into the manual here: https://www.scirra.com/manual/117/textbox , search the forums and tutorials regarding standard practices and problems.

Cheers!

• Here's my example.

• Hopefully this will be of assistance.

I would recommend to look into the manual here: , search the forums and tutorials regarding standard practices and problems.

Cheers!

Thanks for the help! But I actually wanted to know if the text didn't equal something in this case, that there would be something else that would be on display? Like, I put in 'Something else' instead of 'Something' and I press enter. I would like to get a pop-up that contained "That was incorrect", instead of "That was correct". I couldn't figure out how to incorperate that, so it would be appreciated if you could take another look at it?

Kind regards!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here's my example.

Thanks, that worked! Really appreciated!

• I've forgot to add 'Set Focus' for the textbox - useful if you don't want the kiddies having to click in the box before typing. Also added a silly 'tick' sprite. Just re-download if needed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)