How do I make text change colour?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Let me add to this, I know how to change text colour through events and actions easy enough. But what I want is the text to change to black or white accordingly to what colour is behind it, so if it's dark and black: the text will change white. If it's bright and white: the text will change black.

Now I'm pretty sure you can do this with Effects and Blend Mode, but I can't get it to work. Now I don't know if it's just because I'm stupid and doing it totally wrong or getting one little thing wrong, but if anyone can help me that'd be perfect.

Right now I've got it set so that it changes the colour of the text to white when my time system hits evening, and back to black when it hits dawn.

(If you can't see the black/white text appear in the bottom right corner, zoom your browser out, sorry)

This isn't as useful because there are some sprites in my game that are really dark or just straight up black, when the text is over these sprites through the day it's just impossible to see it; same goes at night, when the text is white and over brightly coloured sprites it's impossible to see it.

If someone could help me with getting around this without having to mess around without using the "Object overlapping" event as much as possible, that would be perfect. Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why don't you just create another gray box when the text appeared?

• I've done that in the past, but I don't like the way it looks; it takes a lot of screen space up and makes the game look really messy, even more so than it already is.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)