Text Box Not Updating

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I cannot get this new text box to update. When I first started building my game I needed to create a timer. So I found code to a walkthrough for setting one up and part of it includes setting the text on the load of the screen. This works fine and this text box updates. Now when the timer runs out, it takes you to an endgame screen. To make sure I had a normal text box, I cloned the the timer one and renamed it. I then have it set to say "So close! You almost earned" & EStars & " stars!" the EStars are a global variable which is set to 0 but does not reset on any loads, so nothing is resetting it. Even if it did it would just say 0 stars. The default text right now says, "Hi" just to test if it will change, but it never changes. What should I be checking?

Tagged:

• I cannot get this new text box to update. When I first started building my game I needed to create a timer. So I found code to a walkthrough for setting one up and part of it includes setting the text on the load of the screen. This works fine and this text box updates. Now when the timer runs out, it takes you to an endgame screen. To make sure I had a normal text box, I cloned the the timer one and renamed it. I then have it set to say "So close! You almost earned" & EStars & " stars!" the EStars are a global variable which is set to 0 but does not reset on any loads, so nothing is resetting it. Even if it did it would just say 0 stars. The default text right now says, "Hi" just to test if it will change, but it never changes. What should I be checking?

Post your code. So i can try to see what's wrong.

• I apologize if I am new to this. Do you want a screenshot of the event page or do I need to upload the capx? Just trying to make sure I am careful with my game code.

• I apologize if I am new to this. Do you want a screenshot of the event page or do I need to upload the capx? Just trying to make sure I am careful with my game code.

You can just send a screenshot, but, the capx should do well too.

• The timer and lText ones work fine. It is the EText which does not update when the timer runs out. The game does go to the EndGame layout. That layout is using this same event screen for now and there is nothing that would reset the text.

• Send the .capx, so i can see it better and try some things with debug.

• I'll email it to you. Where to?

• I'll email it to you. Where to?

4ndreyg4merfto@gmail.com ( i know, the email sucks. )

But, you can upload to dropbox too.

• sent to your email

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • sent to your email

I didn't make a lot of changes because i don't have an C3 License, but, i think you problem is on event order. Yes, the order of the event can changes everything. So, i added some comments and you can try then to see if it works.

Link .c3p: dropbox.com/s/zn30uz7k9p3oxgi/MiniMarbleMaze.c3p

• And another tip, if you're using C3, you need to post it on Construct 3 session How do I, and, not in C2 session.

• k I can move it to that forum. Changing order of event doesnt do anything. Already tried it.

• k I can move it to that forum. Changing order of event doesnt do anything. Already tried it.

Sorry, so i can't help much in C3, good luck on getting help in the other forum!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)