Text box doesn't fill screen

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Fill in the Blanks. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Hi guys, every time I place a Text Box object or an Advanced Text Box down on any of my layouts, they seem to be cut off at certain points.

You can see two examples on the image link, on the left is what the text box sizes look like in layout, and on the right are what they look like when test ran.

postimg.org/image/i9lh33s2p

I seriously can't work it out, am I doing something wrong here?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you try change your layer background color to red or blue? This is to see that the preview does indeed draw the game correctly.

Also, I have a feeling that you might be using Letterbox Scale. See

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes for more info. Because right now, your layer backgroundcolor is black which is the same as Letterbox Scale's filling color.

[quote:11lui5sr]Letterbox scale mode simply scales the game to fit the window. If the aspect ratio does not match, black bars appear down the sides of the window.

Is this indeed the case?

• Can you try change your layer background color to red or blue? This is to see that the preview does indeed draw the game correctly.

Also, I have a feeling that you might be using Letterbox Scale. See

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes for more info. Because right now, your layer backgroundcolor is black which is the same as Letterbox Scale's filling color.

[quote:2h4ltsma]Letterbox scale mode simply scales the game to fit the window. If the aspect ratio does not match, black bars appear down the sides of the window.

Is this indeed the case?

The letterbox scale is definitely what's causing it, having tried it with a few different colour backgrounds. The problem is that the letterbox scale is essential to make the game properly full-screen, all the other ones don't really work as well. So I guess it's a trade off huh?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)