How do I get text from an array with swipe function.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Hi, I have a problem regarding the navigation and displaying text on layouts which has swipe events on it. It doesn't display anything on it even if there are data stored on a textfile storage. any suggestion or alternatives? Thank you

• Arrays, swipe-function and text-display are three seperate things..

Offcourse you can connect these things through events, but without knowing more about what you are trying to achieve, it would be very hard to answer your question in a helpfull way..

Could you clarify your question and share your capx/events, so we could take a look at what the problem actually is?

• I can't post links here because I don't have enough reputation for a I am new here =) sorry about that but in any case can you make a sample of the 3 things which you said separated but can connect to each other (if that's alright with you). I am currently trying to study and understand reading data from a text file into an array for my contents on a mobile learning book app. Thanks

• I'd love to help you, but I don't have the time to create a complete capx for you regarding this matter and even if I did like I said above:

Without knowing more about what you are trying to achieve, it would be very hard to answer your question in a helpfull way..

If you want to use an array, you'd probably want something like a global variable to now the number of the text to display..

on swipe right/left

add/subtract 1 to global variable

set text to arrayAt(Global variable)

You could also opt for the dictionary object instead of the array and fill it with text seperated by tokens and use the tokenAt-expression.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the reply. I just saw my mistake that's why it didn't display hehe I use scale outer on full screen browser property but still thanks for the advice really appreciate it =)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)