How do I Test On A Variety Of Devices

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Soldier Test
$9.99 USD
A Construct version 2 & 3 "Stand-alone" RPG game with "In-Game Module" (IGM) integration.
  • The articles I read tell me to go out and buy them. Large companies might be able to do this but not an indiedev on a tight budget. So how can I do this?

Thanks for any help of tips.

• To try resolutions only, you can resize the browser window, but for devices, there are not a lot of ways indeed...I think the best not so expensive idea would be to ask for feedback in the work in progress or ask some people to try the game on their side, either on the internet or scirra forums, or in real life (in real life, you have the potzntial advantage of seing it yourself).

I always though of having a test game group with people willing to help, but then I though that the idea was not so great since I am not sure people could help on a regular basis for free.

• Don't forget, the Intel XDK will let you test your app on multiple emulators.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Theres actually a really cool website that lets you test with all the companies phones. Unfortunately i can't remember what it was.

You are technically testing on real devices over the internet i believe.

Going to look it up. Hopefully i find it. I think it was samsung.

• Okay so, Here it is.

http://developer.samsung.com/remotetest ... ist.action

Hope this helps you

• Don't forget, the Intel XDK will let you test your app on multiple emulators.

Last time I checked, it was more a multiple res. testing rather than a real phone testing experience. Still useful though.

• > Don't forget, the Intel XDK will let you test your app on multiple emulators.

>

Last time I checked, it was more a multiple res. testing rather than a real phone testing experience. Still useful though.

Yes, this tests the hardware. Simulated of course. You can also test internet lag, Wifi, Mobile speeds, you can fire events, there are tonnes of options.

• I always thought of having a test game group with people willing to help, but then I though that the idea was not so great since I am not sure people could help on a regular basis for free.

Well I have had the same though and if you have a big enuff group there would always be some that did have time. And as many use goggle play one can easy add a Group thats link to G+ I have one with 2 friends that did test a bit for me but as you say 2 friends don't always have time. But if we that are trying to make games help one and other out by testing we could be a big group and as it would also be in our own interest.

If there is a any that have a big tester group on G+ or wanne make one to have as alfa/beta tester do post.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)