How do I test it in my smartphone

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily create a GAMEPAD for your mobile games by simplifying the movement of your characters on mobile devices.
  • I've made the basic mechanics and tested it in my browser Chrome, but now I need to export it and play in my android in order to test the game. How do I do that?

• You can either export it using whatever the current android exporter is (still cocoonjs?) or you can preview it on your phone using your phone's browser.

The latter can be done by, within construct, clicking file -> preferences -> preview; then, on the 'Preview on LAN address:' click the [...] button. A new window should appear, select your local network address and so long as the phone you want to test is on the same network as your pc, you can go to the browser on your phone and connect to the IPv4 address of the computer you're previewing it on with the set port (default 50000) and then you can test!

NB: This requires administrative permissions on the computer you're testing from.

• You can either export it using whatever the current android exporter is (still cocoonjs?) or you can preview it on your phone using your phone's browser.

The latter can be done by, within construct, clicking file -> preferences -> preview; then, on the 'Preview on LAN address:' click the [...] button. A new window should appear, select your local network address and so long as the phone you want to test is on the same network as your pc, you can go to the browser on your phone and connect to the IPv4 address of the computer you're previewing it on with the set port (default 50000) and then you can test!

NB: This requires administrative permissions on the computer you're testing from.

That's what I got by exporting to Android.

Edit: is it still up-to-date?

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/809/ho ... -crosswalk

Edit2: I'm testing it right now and it's pretty cool! =P...I didn't try to export though. I think I'll learn about it later.

• For it to work as an app on android you need to compile it into an apk file and sign it. I'm not familiar with the newer methods of doing this with C2, last time I did it CocoonJS (Which now appears to be completely removed ) was the preferred option. The new C2 exporter for Android is crosswalk, so I would assume that tutorial is up to date.

NB: Crosswalk works for Android ICS(4.x.x) and upwards, you may still need to use phonegap to export to lower versions if needed.

• For it to work as an app on android you need to compile it into an apk file and sign it. I'm not familiar with the newer methods of doing this with C2, last time I did it CocoonJS (Which now appears to be completely removed ) was the preferred option. The new C2 exporter for Android is crosswalk, so I would assume that tutorial is up to date.

NB: Crosswalk works for Android ICS(4.x.x) and upwards, you may still need to use phonegap to export to lower versions if needed.

I'll look at it later. Actually, in the Android options, you don't have any other choice to export.

Well, I hope all the tutorials about it is up-to-date. Thx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is a different export method called phonegap which provides compatibility for a wider range of devices, but I'm pretty sure it's got its downsides

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)