Can someone with an Xbox One go through these steps and post back here with your results?
On your computer, redeem this code with your Xbox Live account to get the game for free: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=Y2HW7-W3DCX-7GG9T-7FM3X-2XMPZ.
On your Xbox One, let the game install. Then select 'Vs CPU', and select any character except 'Adam' or 'Custom Male'.
1. Does it prompt you to purchase an IAP? YES/NO
2. Does it let you use the character even without purchasing the IAP? YES/NO
Exit the game.
On your computer, redeem this code with your Xbox Live account: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=TV4KM-H9VVY-2G92V-JCMVD-MT64Z.
On your Xbox One, run the game again and go to the main menu.
3. Does a message appear reading 'Code Detected'? YES/NO
If YES, press the Back/View button on your Xbox One controller.
4. Does it appear to unlock a character? YES/NO
If YES, select 'Creation'. Find and select the character that was unlocked. Select any Slot other than the first one.
5. Does it let you enter the character customization window? YES/NO
Press B to go back to character select. Select a character other than the character that was unlocked, or Adam or Custom Male.
6. Does it prompt you to purchase an IAP? YES/NO
7. Does it let you use the character even without purchasing the IAP? YES/NO
Exit the game. Open the game again and go to the main menu.
9. Does the 'Code Detected' message appear again? YES/NO
Go to 'Creation' and once again try to select the previously unlocked character.
10. Does it let you enter the character customization window? YES/NO
I realize these steps are tedious, but I'd appreciate it if anyone has some free time to test this for me. Thanks!
(Reasons I can't test this myself include: I only have one computer and one Xbox One. I don't know how to use Test Mode; It returns a choice of error messages to select, instead of actually allowing me to simulate the purchase. I already have all IAPs for the game on my Xbox One, so it's impossible for me to test IAPs that only work when you don't already own them. I don't know how to use a different Xbox Live account, on my PC or Xbox One, that won't detect the IAPs already owned by my main Xbox Live account.)