TCG-style Game Mechanics? [w/.capx]

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Pack of illustrator graphic styles. Make your own logos, game titles, or anything you want.
  • Hey Scirra Forum,

I am not really a developer but a designer, with some dev knowledge. Thanks Maxum for your contributions. Your randomized array helped me a lot with some of my work. Currently, I am building a card game with a TCG concept. The rules can be found here Dreamers Rule Book

I am needing help in getting to at least a beta mode where i can go from start to finish of the game. I can fill in the blanks in Construct 2 if the Events are layed out or explained properly.

Dreamers.capx

To summarize the game logic, there are 54 cards. Of the 54 cards, there are red, blue, and green suits. Of the 3 suits there are 5 values, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. The game has rock, paper, scissors logic implemented, as in, red>blue>green>red. For example Red 8 VS Blue 6 = Red 8/2 VS Blue 6 = Blue 6 destroys Red 8.

The game is turn-based, so I wrote down all possible actions and created a flow chart. So, when a players turn starts the Event system would dialog buttons of all current possible actions. Players make their moves with these buttons until the turn is ended with the last event of the flow chart ending their turn. Sequence is PlayerA > PlayerB > PlayerA and so on. After research, I have discovered this is called a Finite State Machine (FSM).

Basically, the game would consist of an FSM turn-based sequence system for gameflow, and a battle-system logic that calculates card attributes to declare round winners.. Like YGO.

I am wondering how I should go about this the best way in Construct 2, as I would launch Beta once Tutorial mode is complete; An Alpha, once Offline (VS Computer) is complete; an RC once Offline (VS Human); and then go live once Online (FB Connect) is complete. Right now I'm just looking for the game logic to work on Offline mode VS A.I. or Human. Whichever comes first.

Tell me.. any solutions, ideas, contributors .. Hey if you help me out u may just ride with the team. I really just wanna be able to see it live, because I'm primarily a designer, so I can make all the artwork no biggie, but when it comes to development Im like a pre-beginner that just copies paste other code and modify til i break something and revert back to saved lol.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've explained how you can do the turn sequence in other thread. Let me just give you a tip: start small! Create a very simple card game first with a set of, say, 6 cards. It needn't be fancy. That'll be your prototype that will give you invaluable experience!

• Thanks Mipey, smart. I was testing with like all 54.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)