How do I Switch Vehicles

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Isometric Vehicle Pack 01. 4 Isometric Vehicles in 2 different colors.
  • Hi

I'm trying to create a function similar to this Miniclip game called River Raider. You have the ability to enter and leave any free vehicles.

Is there a way to try and create something visually similar?

Cheers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Of course it's possible... however I can't find River Raider by Miniclip anywhere - so I cannot compare what you're trying to achieve... but if it's 2D then C2 can do it.

~Sol

• It depends on how you have implemented your game so far, but there are already examples of implementation of such a feature in the forums.

Try to make a search using the keyword "Top down" "GTA" "Vehicles" in the request and you should find some examples.

Otherwise, it is mostly an idea of when you are not controlling the character itself, you hide it and make the vehicle the object you control in priority.

And once you get out of the vehicle, you make the character object the main priority for controls again.

Using boolean variables, to handle the current state of the game is key in that process.

• Of course it's possible... however I can't find River Raider by Miniclip anywhere - so I cannot compare what you're trying to achieve... but if it's 2D then C2 can do it.

~Sol

http://www.miniclip.com/games/river-raider/en/

I don't think my account can post URLS yet, but here is a link to the game. The first level would explain everything.

It depends on how you have implemented your game so far, but there are already examples of implementation of such a feature in the forums.

Try to make a search using the keyword "Top down" "GTA" "Vehicles" in the request and you should find some examples.

Otherwise, it is mostly an idea of when you are not controlling the character itself, you hide it and make the vehicle the object you control in priority.

And once you get out of the vehicle, you make the character object the main priority for controls again.

Using boolean variables, to handle the current state of the game is key in that process.

Thanks! I'll look into it.

• River Raid must be geo-blocked for Australia because your link takes me to 8-Ball Pool game instead. I got the same page when I tried to Google it as well. Yay for geo-blocking... because the world needs more division

~Sol

• You could give all vehicles the car behavior, but leave them disabled.

Then, upon overlapping a vehicle and pressing a key to drive it, enable the behavior for this vehicle only.

Make you you disable the behavior for the previous car, or otherwise you'll end up in a nice car dance

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)