Swipe Effect like Cut the Rope or Fruit Ninja

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Great quality fruit and slice items (png+ illustrator files)
  • Hi everyone,

Been looking around the forum and trying to figure this out but haven't found a direct solution. I manage to create a simple swipe effect based on the tutorial given here ==> anything-like-fruit-ninja_t106762. There are also several other threads with similar solution.

Does anyone know how to make the swipe looks smoother/cleaner with blade effects (like sharp edges) from Cut the Rope or Fruit Ninja?

I found this tutorial online ==> https://devmatt.wordpress.com/2013/03/0 ... in-opengl/ but I can't fully understand and translate them into c2 events.

• Did you download the capx:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2671

You can adjust the swipe using the Height and Width settings for the swipe sprite to make it smoother.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lamar

Yes, however I still need to find a way to create that sharp edge and blade effect.

• lamar

Yes, however I still need to find a way to create that sharp edge and blade effect.

The effect is in the capx. The height and width can be adjusted for the effect you want.

• lamar

I am referring to the following:

Changing the width and height will not create such effect.

Can someone guide me in the right direction? Thanks.

• lamar

I am referring to the following:

Changing the width and height will not create such effect.

Can someone guide me in the right direction? Thanks.

Changing the sprite used for the effect and width and height settings will give you that effect but if you want a different answer I wish you luck!

• I've been also looking for a solution to this slash effect. While the solution everyone is using is nice and all, it is not perfect, the edges are jagged as it is just overlapping the same sprite in different sizes.

• In your gif there is alot more going on than a simple line of joined sprites.

What you have there is a number of different sprites,

Combined with some type of interpolated curve

Combined with some fancy shader

for the edges.

It's not simple stuff. You will need a good grasp of curve maths and will need to program a custom shader effect if a suitable effect doesn't already exist.

There is only a couple of regulars on this forum capable of producing that but it is possible.

Definitely not for noobs but would be a cool project ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)