How do I make strong ragdoll

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • please how to make strong ragdoll Revolute joint in construct 2 ???? because they look too weak when the ragdoll moving .

thank you.

• What do you mean by strong ragdoll? Do you want it to move faster? To you want it not to break apart? do you want it to resist more before entering ragdoll state? Try being more detailed on what you are trying to do, we can't help you if we don't know the problem D:

• What do you mean by strong ragdoll? Do you want it to move faster? To you want it not to break apart? do you want it to resist more before entering ragdoll state? Try being more detailed on what you are trying to do, we can't help you if we don't know the problem D:

Ok sorry about not being more specific am trying to spawn a ragdoll with random angle of motion and it worked but when it created the parts are not attached well to the body .

and here is the capx link .

drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4FqA ... sp=sharing

• drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4FqA ... sp=sharing

Type the link without the '...' please.

• > drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4FqA ... sp=sharing

>

Type the link without the '...' please.

It tells me : I can only post plain text URLS until I have 500 rep.

I dont know what to do about that its not fair from Scirra

• >

> > drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4FqA ... sp=sharing

> >

> Type the link without the '...' please.

>

It tells me : I can only post plain text URLS until I have 500 rep.

I dont know what to do about that its not fair from Scirra

[quote:6d7inxtt]Due to heavy spam on the forum, we have to block the posting of links for new users. If your link to the .capx is blocked, either remove the http and www parts, or insert * characters through them, e.g.

example.com/myproject.capx

or

h*t*t*p://w*w*w.example.com/myproject.capx

• How are you creating the ragdoll parts and joints? It could be a case of the code not processing all in the same tick, and therefore the joints aren't positioning correctly (because your ragdoll is spawned already in motion?). You can try spawning and creating the joints for your ragdoll using a Function, which should give a more solid result. The function will process the creation and pinning of the ragdoll itself in a more precise way, since all of the function code *should* run all at the same tick.

~Sol

• How are you creating the ragdoll parts and joints? It could be a case of the code not processing all in the same tick, and therefore the joints aren't positioning correctly (because your ragdoll is spawned already in motion?). You can try spawning and creating the joints for your ragdoll using a Function, which should give a more solid result. The function will process the creation and pinning of the ragdoll itself in a more precise way, since all of the function code *should* run all at the same tick.

~Sol

I have to thank you buddy

I solved the problem because of you i used the wait action before i apply the revolute joint because as you said its was spawned in motion

I really appreciate your help tnx.

• > How are you creating the ragdoll parts and joints? It could be a case of the code not processing all in the same tick, and therefore the joints aren't positioning correctly (because your ragdoll is spawned already in motion?). You can try spawning and creating the joints for your ragdoll using a Function, which should give a more solid result. The function will process the creation and pinning of the ragdoll itself in a more precise way, since all of the function code *should* run all at the same tick.

>

> ~Sol

>

I solved the problem because of you i used the wait action before i apply the angle random motion because as you said its was spawned in motion

• > How are you creating the ragdoll parts and joints? It could be a case of the code not processing all in the same tick, and therefore the joints aren't positioning correctly (because your ragdoll is spawned already in motion?). You can try spawning and creating the joints for your ragdoll using a Function, which should give a more solid result. The function will process the creation and pinning of the ragdoll itself in a more precise way, since all of the function code *should* run all at the same tick.

>

> ~Sol

>

I solved the problem because of you i used the wait action before i apply the revolute joint because as you said its was spawned in motion

No problem at all!

~Sol

• >

> > How are you creating the ragdoll parts and joints? It could be a case of the code not processing all in the same tick, and therefore the joints aren't positioning correctly (because your ragdoll is spawned already in motion?). You can try spawning and creating the joints for your ragdoll using a Function, which should give a more solid result. The function will process the creation and pinning of the ragdoll itself in a more precise way, since all of the function code *should* run all at the same tick.

> >

> > ~Sol

> >

>

> I have to thank you buddy

> I solved the problem because of you i used the wait action before i apply the revolute joint because as you said its was spawned in motion

>

> I really appreciate your help tnx.

>

No problem at all!

~Sol

Can you help me with this

app.box.com/s/2qrcwkdjhx5mjl8k9jit95b8fmkgh07h

its a game the player have to destroy all ragdolls in it

the problem is i dont know how to make the player lose when he miss a ragdoll

(destroying just one part of the ragdoll is ok and doesnt make you lose ).

• Hi mahdy

I think you can just check for the Y position of the ragdoll... if it falls below the bottom of the screen then they player has "missed" it. You will probably want to make some instance variable for the ragdoll, so when the player DOES hit it, you can set a variable to "true" or something like that.

If the ragdoll Y position is greater than layout.height+ragdoll.height AND the variable equals "false" (or player hasn't touched it) then you can count this as "missed".

Hopefully this will give you some helpful method to try

~Sol

• Hi mahdy

I think you can just check for the Y position of the ragdoll... if it falls below the bottom of the screen then they player has "missed" it. You will probably want to make some instance variable for the ragdoll, so when the player DOES hit it, you can set a variable to "true" or something like that.

If the ragdoll Y position is greater than layout.height+ragdoll.height AND the variable equals "false" (or player hasn't touched it) then you can count this as "missed".

Hopefully this will give you some helpful method to try

~Sol

That was a really perfect advise my friend and it helped me in another case also. I really appreciate it thanks a lot.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No problem Glad it worked!

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)