How do I stop a sound from continuously playing?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This Student Workbook uses both Construct 3 & 2 encoding. It supplies client-side & php "back-end" encoding.
  • In my events sheet, I have it set up where it'll play a sound when a certain variable is true. The thing is, it plays it, but it won't stop! It just keeps playing the sound infinitely!

How do I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Create a sub event and use

Some Condition = true

System>Trigger once while true> Play Music

Set Condition = false

As long as a Condition or Variable is true, it's true every tick so you need to switch it off or back to "false". If the music is not set to loop, it will only play once.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Create a sub event and use

Some Condition = true

System>Trigger once while true> Play Music

Set Condition = false

As long as a Condition or Variable is true, it's true every tick so you need to switch it off or back to "false". If the music is not set to loop, it will only play once.

Thanks! Y'know, I've never tried using that condition before... I never thought it could be used like that! Mind blown! :O

• You probably can use a blank sub event, in place of "System>Trigger once while true". The main thing is including the event to "Set Condition = false", because when something = true, it's true every tick, triggering the events under the condition.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)