How do I Stop My Player Morphing through Physics object / as

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • So, This is my 2nd game. First game in construct. I have used it for 12-14 hours now but cannot figure out why the player morphs through the Physics Block. I have also added a solid behavior. (As seen in demo below) But the cube feels to heavy and slows the player down. I want that solidity but the lightweight push of the physics block without the solid behavior. You can also just tap the block and it has no weight. I have linked to the compressed Construct file and the website page for the game.

To see a physics example: (Choose Level 5 From Level Selector)

Capx:

• Subscribe to Construct videos now

As noted, physics behavior only interacts with physics behavior, never with the solid behavior.

A physics object which its immovable property has been set to yes will act as a ground through which the character cannot "fall".

Pay attention to the collision polygons of your objects.

Read the manual article to get more infos on each property as well as the physics tutorial (basic, advanced) to learn more on the general usage of the behavior.

• I Cant post links so: sorry if this breaks rules, i just dont know how to share this with you otherwise.

To see a physics example: mooocowgaming.wix(dot)com/mooocowgaming#!do-you-even-cube-2/cq6p

Capx: drive.google(dot)com/file/d/0B5zVGOPUAIx6SmVHUjNFMEM4UVE/view?usp=sharing

• As noted, physics behavior only interacts with physics behavior, never with the solid behavior.

A physics object which its immovable property has been set to yes will act as a ground through which the character cannot "fall".

Pay attention to the collision polygons of your objects. ) to learn more on the general usage of the behavior.

3 things. 1. Thanks for replying

2. I want this object to be able to move. I want my player to be able to stand on it but also be able to move it. But not fall through it. (My Player has Physics Behavior)

3. When i add the solid behavior, my player does not fall through the block. But i can still move the block, but the player looses speed and it is hard to push the block. Something must be effecting the solid behavior on the physics block.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Trying to integrate physics with the other behaviors is not only not recommended (as mentioned in the manual) but will lead to many problems.

Best bet - either drop physics and use anther methos, or drop all the other behaviors and do everything using the actions of the physics object.

• The How do I FAQ contains an example of how to have a character using platformer and interacting with physics behavior objects in the world.

[quote:eredgx9u]Player (platform behavior) and Physic (world objects) - LINK

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)