How do I stop the platform from bouncing?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Bouncing ball
$9.99 USD
Template for a bouncing ball game, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hi everyone! I am trying to design a game to learn reading and writing for kids, but this is only my first sketch. When I run the layout, TomTiger, actually it is the platform, is bouncing up and down, although all the animation frames share the same height and the origin should be placed at the bottom. Can you help me and find the mistake?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jl1ptuwmr0py ... fSVTa?dl=0

I'm sure 1000 questions will follow, but first of all thank you already for this one!

• I am willing to bet your collision polygons don't all match up with your origin points etc, although can't check for you as URL blocked on my current network (university wifi doesn't allow dropbox downloads apparently!)

Check all of your collision cells. Don't be tempted to set them 'by hand' using the mouse - type in actual pixel values for each point in the boundary.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi everyone! I am trying to design a game to learn reading and writing for kids, but this is only my first sketch. When I run the layout, TomTiger, actually it is the platform, is bouncing up and down, although all the animation frames share the same height and the origin should be placed at the bottom. Can you help me and find the mistake?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jl1ptuwmr0py ... fSVTa?dl=0

I'm sure 1000 questions will follow, but first of all thank you already for this one!

Firstly, your problem is because of the characters collision polygon being all over the place.

Browse through Ashley's excellent Platform tutorial to see how it should be done, which is create an invisible 'dummy' sprite that is used for collisions, and animations are attached to this dummy sprite.

Secondly, Why on earth are you still using Construct 2 version 216 from 22nd Oct, 2015 ?

This needs to be updated ASAP to at least the latest stable release (r239).

• Thank you! I knew it would something very simple... I thought the dummy was only necessary when you have many animation frames and that 2 would work without the dummy. I should accept that I'm at the point where thinking is not that helpful and stick to the tutorials !

And yes, you are totally right, I have to download the newest version. It's true, I just started with C2 after a very long break...

Mrtumbles, thank you, too! Btw, same with my uni... I just tried it here.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)